As an operator of critical infrastructure, our task during the coronavirus pandemic is to guarantee the supply of energy at all times while protecting the health of our employees. We have coped well with the crisis so far and have seen only moderate economic impact in 2020. We needed to bring in measures in various different areas to help us through the pandemic. Here, we introduce you to some of them.
- Engaging a task force of 17 members from various working environments within the company to evaluate the current situation and develop measures
- 90% of employees who are able to work from home are doing so using almost exclusively digital communication
- Hygiene concepts for on-site employees, e.g., in power plants
- Masks for all employees
- Comprehensive measures to ensure and maintain social distancing in buildings, etc.
- Various initiatives such as meditation breaks, virtual sports programs, chats for home schooling
Security of supply
- Physical segregation of teams, e.g., in power plants and for grid operation
- Field technicians: driving to job site alone and, if necessary, using protective clothing
- Issuing contracts to service providers to avoid short-time work and secure their capacities for after the pandemic
- Development of phased contingency plans for different types of emergency