Publication of business figures 2022
EnBW consistently continued its transformation in the past 2022 financial year and increased Group operating earnings despite a difficult environment. The solid business performance enables a further significant acceleration in the implementation of energy transition projects by increased investments in expanding renewables and the associated grid infrastructure.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased to €3.29bn despite difficult environment
- Integrated business portfolio contributes to financial stability
- Renewable Energies business has strongest earnings for first time
- Accelerated implementation of energy transition projects with increased investments
- Coal phase-out already planned for 2028, provided that policy framework is implemented
- Highlights in 2022: Two more solar farms brought on stream, auction wins expand offshore wind projects to around 6 GW, EnBW Hypernetz grows to around 400,000 charging points in 17 countries
EnBW sees itself as a driving force behind the energy transition. Provided government policy plans are implemented, we plan to phase out coal in 2028. We are also significantly increasing our investments in renewables and grid infrastructure. We have a clear plan centered on sustainability and security of supply.
The recording is only available in German