- Cooperation of eleven European TSOs sets milestone to strengthen system security
- Online system monitoring of Central Europe"TSO RAAS" now operational
- Global view of the status of the electricity system real-time available in 11 control centres
TSO Security Cooperation (TSC) has now successfully launched a real-time monitoring system in Central Europe. RAAS, the TSO Real-time Awareness and Alarming System, provides a global view of the status of the electricity system in eleven control centres allowing them to better take care of their responsibility. RAAS eases the daily cooperation of European TSOs and enhances overall electrical system security in Central Europe. It provides awareness and alarms of the grid status of the whole region to all participating TSOs in real-time operation. RAAS is a concrete and important outcome of the close cooperation between the eleven involved TSOs.
TSCs main goal is to ensure the overall system security of the European network, an area with 170 million citizens, and is open to the participation of other TSOs.
TSO Security Cooperation
Transmission System Operators (TSO) Verbund APG, Tiwag Netz, VKW Netz (Austria), swissgrid (Switzerland), EnBW Transportnetze, transpower stromübertragungs gmbh, RWE TSO, VE Transmission (Germany), TenneT TSO (The Netherlands), PSE Operator (Poland) and ČEPS (Czech Republic) launched in Decembre 2008 an initiative to foster regional European cooperation for system security.
The involved TSOs agreed to start up a “TSO System Security Cooperation” with the aim to build up a permanent TSO Security Panel (group of security experts) and a common IT platform for data exchange and performing common security assessments.
For further information, please contact:
- Joëlle Bouillon, Press Officer, transpower stromübertragungs gmbh
Tel: +49 (0)921 / 915 4046, E-Mail: email@example.com
- Olivier Feix, Head of Corporate Communications, VE Transmission
Tel: +49 30 51503813, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artur Głuszek, Head of Information and TSOs Co-operation Section, PSE-Operator
Tel: +48 223401068, E-Mail: email@example.com
- Thomas Hegglin, Head of Corporate Communications, swissgrid
Tel: +41 58 580 2400, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pavla Mandátová, PR Specialist, ČEPS
Tel: +420725805690, E-Mail: email@example.com
- Andreas Neuhauser, Head of communication department, VKW-Netz
Tel: +43 (0) 5574 601 72600, E-mail: Andreas.Neuhauser@VKW.at
- Kirsten Koenigs, EnBW Transportnetze AG
Tel: +49 (0) 711128 2271, E-Mail: K. Koenigs@enbw.com
- Marian Rappl, Head of Communication, RWE TSO
Tel: +49 231 438-3679, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Klaus Schüller, Authorised Officer, TIWAG-Netz
Tel: +43 (0)50708 26301, E-Mail: email@example.com
- Gerald Schulze, Head of Communications, Verbund APG
Tel: +43 (0)50 313 56230, E-Mail: Gerald.Schulze@verbund.at
- Petra Wessels, Communication, TenneT TSO
Tel: +31263732117, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org